Friday, May 8, 2015

Frustration Friday

Normally I try to post a "Friday Fun Run" where I have come across a meme or quote during the week about running that makes me laugh, or that pokes fun at runners and their quirks in some way. But today, I just need to vent about how frustrated I am. The problem is, I don't really know what I am so frustrated about in the first place! Here is a short list of the reasons I can think of as to why I am in such a horrible mood:

1. Work is super busy right now and I am completely overwhelmed with extra stuff I need to get done because of another person's complete ineptitude. This person no longer works here, so I have no choice but to have this on my plate.

2. Logan has not been sleeping very well for the past month. First he was sick and waking up because he would cough so much, then he decided he didn't want wear Pull Ups to bed anymore, which is great, but also means he has accidents every few nights...so Bill and I are both exhausted and cranky pretty much every day.

3. Because of #1 I have missed out on two of my runs this week. And while I realize in the big picture of marathon training missing two shorter runs isn't going to ruin everything, I kind of feel like I have ruined everything.

4. My hair is really bugging me right now. It's either too short or too long, I can't really put my finger on which, but it's also been extra stringy and oily looking lately...which I blame on either over washing or my hormones going crazy since I'm pretty sure I have entered peri-menopause. (<Frustrating Thing #4.5)

5. I have gained 7 pounds in the last three months. None of my summer clothes fit me.


I decided to try to put these things into perspective:

1. I have a job, that I normally love, that keeps a roof over my family's head and food on our table. Yes, it is hard to pick up someone else's pieces, but I am really helping some folks out with the extra stuff I am dong.

2. My kids are happy and healthy and loved. They are good kids, funny, energetic, and have a zest for life that I admire. They make me laugh harder than anyone, and can put a smile on my face even when I'm in the darkest of places.

3. I have been training really hard for the past 14 weeks and still have 6 weeks to go before my marathon. I am lucky that I have had so many opportunities to do my runs during my work day so I don't miss out on family time, and I am also lucky that my husband and kids are so supportive of my training that they are cool with me getting runs in from home when I have to.

4. My hair is naturally blond, so it is hard to see all the grays that have started cropping up in there. (Sorry, positive perspective on my hair is hard to find!)

5. My body has changed in an incredible way over the past year and a half. I am stronger, leaner, and so much more fit than I have been since I can remember. In fact, I am in better shape now than I was in my 20's. I am eating right, exercising, and setting a good example for my kids. Those 7 extra pounds are inconsequential.

Eventually this feeling of frustration will pass. Things will settle down at work, Logan will start being able to make it through the night without an accident, marathon training will taper down, my hair will grow long enough to put in a pony tail and I'll either sweat off those extra pounds or use them as an excuse to get some new summer clothes. In the meantime, I will try to remember...


I hope you all have a frustration-free weekend full of relaxing time where you don't have to think about work and your hair looks super-luxurious!

No comments:

Post a Comment