Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Midweek Motivation: Eyes on the Prize!

Midweek Motivation!
This has been my mantra for the past couple weeks as I am tempted daily with deciding between instant gratification (skipping a run to get an extra 1/2 hour of sleep, not making myself lunch from home because people hosting events at work will be bringing goodies) and doing what is going to keep me on track (running early since I know the rest of my day will get filled with work-stuff, taking extra time in my morning to put together some healthy food and then avoiding the room where the goodies are kept). It's been hard, and I've definitely given in on a few days, but I try not to beat myself up about those. I am thankful to have you all, and other good influences in my life...discipline is a very individual trait, but it can't hurt to have someone there to slap your hand away every once in a while!
So, even though it's okay to give in to the "now" on occasion, don't lose sight of what you want most. Whether it's a 5K PR or finishing a marathon, or if it's just trying to run once a week to keep up your base or keep those favorite pants from getting too tight. Make your intentions clear to yourself and those around you...it's much easier to keep your eyes on the prize when you and your circle can see it ahead of you!

Happy Wednesday Runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment