Friday, January 23, 2015

Oh the places I want to go!

I'm on day two of a doctor-prescribed rest period. Since I can barely make it through one day of rest, even when it's written in stone on my training plan...this has been brutal. The doctor is making me rest because yesterday I had to have a minor procedure to check something out. I feel fine and I am very likely going to BE fine, but man, what I could really use while waiting for the results is A RUN!

Waiting for anything is kind of brutal for me. I'm not the most patient person in the world. I'm also a "need to know" kind of person. If I'm waiting to find out about something, I need to know, NOW. I cannot do anything but think about THAT THING, I get consumed by it! I feel like I'm in that Dr. Seuss book, "Oh the Places You Will Go"

"You can get so confused that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles cross weirdish wild space, 
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place..."

I don't want to be in the Waiting Place, I want to go, I want to run, I want to move forward, whatever that might look like. But I'm waiting, and resting, and doing my best to convince myself that this is what I need to do right now. I want the doctors to be thorough, so I'll wait. I want my body to heal, so I'll rest. I just wish they had better music in the Waiting Place, or at least some really decadent refreshments, because right now, this place blows!

No comments:

Post a Comment