Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Fun Run: Not Running Sucks

I decided not to run this week. At least, not until Saturday. I saw a picture of this shirt on Monday and that's when it hit me, I realized how hard not running was going to be for me, so I complied this list of ways to survive without running!


How to Survive a Week without Running

Do: Find an alternative form of exercise like swimming or biking

Do Not: Go to Zumba class

Do: Spend sometime going through your massive collection of running gear and get rid of stuff that doesn't fit or is worn out

Do Not: Buy cute new running capris and try them on, prompting you to want to road test them
(yes, that is me, and yes, I actually did this)

Do: Go to the park with your kids and kick around a soccer ball

Do Not: Let them talk you into a little "race" that you will dominate and then do a victory dance in their faces

Do: Keep your eye on the prize, and remind yourself that while not running might be hard, the mental and physical recovery you get from taking some time off is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment